To TRUST, NURTURE, and HONOR the SPIRIT of BIRTH
one FAMILY, one MAMA, one BABY at a TIME.
- We bravely and compassionately offer the community a unique place to birth.
- We open this space for support, education, evidence based midwifery and a wellness collective.
- We hold true the strength and wisdom of women to bring forth life.
- We believe in health partnerships: where each woman agrees to take excellent care of herself and her baby and we pledge our committed care to you.
- We dedicate to our families: Respect, Intelligence, and Honesty.
- We hope for you to thrive, to shine, to feel powerful as you transform from Woman to Mama, enter reproductive age or transition beyond.
Compassionate treatment of women and babies.
Our families, and in that, we value the creation of families.
Time, Connection, Authentic Relationships.
Collective design as our basis for collaborative practice.
The environment and a commitment to eco-birth practices.
The Birth Center of Boulder is a collective initiative founded by 5 dedicated women with an intention to create a sustainable birth and wellness center for our community. The 5 of us all connected through the world of birth. Through much time together, conversation, melding of dreams, persistent work, focus, flexibility, similar work ethics and life philosophy we realized that our ideas could become real.
Recognizing that our people are the most important asset we have chosen to establish ourselves as a collective LLC.
The Collective Model Guiding Principles:
- voluntary and open membership
- democratic member control
- member economic participation
- autonomy and independence
- education, training and information
- cooperation among cooperatives
- & concern for community
Inspiration: The raw realness of birth and transformation inspires us. As does nature, art, music, connection, and a willingness to collectively create something of sustainable value and beauty.
Grateful: Each individual along our path has played a role in helping us get to where we are today and the creation of this possibility. Our families, friends, investors, mentors, heroes, and community members. We want to thank all of these important people with sincere gratitude and appreciation for believing in us, inspiring us, and helping us to make this dream a reality. Thank You. Thank You.