WOMEN'S HEALTH SERVICES
- Well women care and annual appointments
- First time annuals (for prepubescence through childbearing years)
- Preconception care
- Fertility consulation
- Labs and blood work
- Birth control
- Gynecological problem visits
- For information about United Healthcare, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (PPOs), and Cigna (HMO, Select, POS, PPO and OAP)
PRENATAL AND POSTPARTUM CARE
MODERN MIDWIFERY CARE- Personalized, holistic, time intensive, evidence based care. An ancient art combined with modern science.
PHILOSOPHY OF CARE - Pregnancy and labor as a state of wellness that includes your physical, emotional, spiritual, and social wellbeing.
OUR CARE PACKAGE INCLUDES
- First midwife appointment is one hour
- Return midwife appointments are 30 - 45 minutes.
- 4 trimester classes (early days, labor preparation, breastfeeding and baby care) on the first four Tuesday evenings of every month from 4:30 - 6:30 pm, taught by our nurses.
- Continuous labor support by a midwife and a nurse
- You leave the birth center 4 - 8 hours after you give birth.
- Between 24 and 48 hours after birth, a nurse home visit for mama and baby.
- Mama and baby will come back to clinic for a one week, then just mama for a six week visit.
- Routine labor and birth supplies
To keep out of hospital birth safe for mama and baby we care for healthy low risk mamas. We are unable to accept women that have had a previous cesarean section, body mass index > 35, grand multips with > 5 births, or women with significant medical conditions requiring medications. The criteria for women to be clients at the birth center include a desire for birth center birth, anatomy ultrasound, group beta step testing and treatment if +, and attendance of classes at the birth center. As we all know circumstances and health status may change as we move through our pregnancies. If you develop any conditions that require transfer to a hospital based practice or you choose to transfer care we will assist you through this process.
COLLABORATIVE CARE - All providers and staff play a role to ensure the best possible care for mama and baby. We recognize that we are only one piece of the puzzle to ensuring safe, quality care. We believe that health professionals working in a collaborative model ensures optimal outcomes for mamas, babies, and families. Our primary obstetrical consultants are two amazing Perinatologists who will also perform all of our ultrasound needs at Boulder Community Health. We consult with many other providers through out the Boulder and surrounding area on an as needed basis.
OUR COMMITMENT- We agree to stay current in all aspects of evidence based care in order to provide you with the highest quality of care.
YOUR COMMITMENT - We expect you to be open and honest about your health history and any current health issues you are experiencing. The safety of birth center birth is based on the premise that you are a healthy woman experiencing a normal pregnancy. This means that during labor things are proceeding normally, babe's heart rate is strong and steady, and the immediate postpartum period is normal for both mama and baby. The foundation of our relationship depends upon trust and open communication. We want you to actively participate in your care and ask as many questions as needed to feel knowledgeable and confident.